Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Broccoli and Sweet Potato Salad
I really love fresh salads. But only few time ago I discovered that I can use fresh broccoli and uncooked sweet potato into a salad. It is tasty and perfect for lunch or dinner. One of the best salads we've tried.
- Makes 1-2 servings
- 2, 3 broccoli fresh flowerets
- 1 1/2 inch slice fresh sweet potato, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, chrushed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 small red apple
- 2 tbsp walnuts, small chunks
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, light
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut washed broccoli flowerets into small pieces. Cut sweet potato and apple into very thin strips. Combine them in a medium bowl. Add the onion, garlic and walnuts and mix well.
- Mix the soy sauce olive oil and pepper. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve with crackers.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:181, Fat:11.6 g, Saturated Fat:1.2 g, Carbohydrates:17.5 g, Sugar:7.5 g, Fiber:3.9 g, Protein:4.6 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 105, Sodium 477mg, Vitamin A 116%, Calcium 5%, Vitamin C 81%, Iron 6%, Nutrition Grade A-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.