Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on April 20, 2011
One of our favorite foods. Made with ripe avocados, chili, lime and cherry tomatoes. The result is awesome.
- Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 red chili pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the avocado into a bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice. Mash avocado with a fork until almost smooth.
- Fold in onion, chili pepper, tomatoes, cilantro or parsley, salt an pepper to taste. If you like spicy guacamole add more chili pepper to satisfy your tastes.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. This way you prevent oxidation. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita bead chips.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:195, Fat:15.1 g, Saturated Fat:2.2 g, Carbohydrates:16.3 g, Sugar:5.4 g, Fiber:8.9 g, Protein:3.5 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 135, Sodium 306 mg,Vitamin A 30%, Calcium 3%, Vitamin C 54%, Iron 6%, Nutrition Grade A-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.