Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Easy, thin, healthy crackers, that can be made with sunflower, sesame or poppy seeds and with various seasonings. Goes very well as appetizer base.
- Makes about 40 crackers
- 13 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp wheat bran, grounded
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60 ml cold pressed sunflower oil
- 100 ml water
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with wheat bran, salt and sesame seeds. Add water and oil to the flour mixture. Mix everything together and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 Celsius). Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Roll out each one to a thin rectangular about 1/10 inch (2 mm) thick. Using a pastry cutting wheel cut in small rectangles. Use fork to punch with holes.
- Bake in the prepared baking sheets for about 10 - 15 minutes. Remove form the baking sheet and let them cool completely before serving.
Nutrition facts 1 Cracker - Calories:22, Fat:1.5 g, Carbohydrates:1.9 g, Protein:0.3 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 13, Sodium 27mg, Vitamin A 0%, Calcium 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 1%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.