Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Delicious way to cook shrimps and spaghetti, spicy sauce, perfect cooked shrimps and lemon flavor.
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 200 g spaghetti
- Sauce Ingredients
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 6 black olives, seeded and sliced
- 1 lemon grated zest
- 1 lemon juice
- 150 ml water
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp butter
- 300 g frozen shelled deveined shrimp, thawed
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, for about 5 minutes until golden. Add carrot and bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes or until soft.Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add water, olives and chili pepper.Cover and let it simmer stirring now and then until all vegetables are tender. Remove chili pepper when the sauce is spicy enough. Add lemon zest and juice, oregano and salt.
- Meanwhile in a medium frying pan melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in the shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes. When sauce almost done stir in the shrimp and simmer another 2 3 minutes.
- When the sauce is almost ready, in a big pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti al dente. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- You can add spaghetti to the sauce and mix well or serve the sauce over the pasta.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:493, Fat:16.7 g, Saturated Fat:4.4 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:49.3 g, Sugar:5.3 g, Fiber:2.9 g, Protein:30.1 g, Cholesterol:254 mg, Calories from Fat 150, Sodium 367mg, Vitamin A 103%, Calcium 10%, Vitamin C 104%, Iron 36%, Nutrition Grade C+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.