Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
A classical crunchy recipe from the Italian cuisine, perfect for coffee breaks and tea time.
- Makes about 28 cantucci
- 30 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 250 g brown sugar
- 150 g nuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 or 3 tbsp grated orange zest
- Preheat the over to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix the brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together till the color turns a pale yellow. Then add the butter, nuts and orange zest and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.Pour the flour mixture over the egg mixture and using a spatula continue to stir.
- From the dough resulted form 2 small loaves and bake them for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let them cool and cut the loaves into 1 cm thick pieces.
- After that, put them back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes and let them dry out until they turn golden brown. They are great to serve right away and can be conserved for many days in a sealed container.
Nutrition facts 1 Cantucci - Calories:122, Fat:4.4 g, Saturated Fat:1.1 g, Carbohydrates:18.5 g, Sugar:9.0 g, Fiber:0.8 g, Protein:2.9 g, Cholesterol:29 mg, Calories from Fat 39, Sodium 73mg, Vitamin A 1%, Calcium 2%, Vitamin C 1%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade C, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.