Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Cereal Orange Cookies
Easy and tasty cookies made with cereal mix, raisins, a lot of orange zest and juice, good for kids and not only. Goes very well for breakfast near a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 stick (110 g) butter
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 8 tbsp cereal mix (oat, barley, wheat)- a little crushed into mixing bowl
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- freshly grated zest from 4 oranges
- 1 orange fresh juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz (100 g) black raisins
- 2 cups (250 g) flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, lard and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the eggs, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract. Stir dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually add into butter mixture. Stir in cereals and raisins.
- Drop from teaspoon on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Remove from sheet to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Nutrition facts 1 Cookie - Calories:81, Fat:2.9 g , Saturated Fat:1.6 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:12.9 g, Sugar:5.9 g, Fiber:0.6 g, Protein:1.2 g, Cholesterol:11 mg, Calories from Fat 26, Sodium 54mg, Vitamin A 2%, Calcium 1%, Vitamin C 7%, Iron 3%, Nutrition Grade D+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.