Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Cherry Summer Dessert
Posted on June 15, 2011
Cool and refreshing summer dessert with fresh cherries on top. The interesting thing about this cake is the fact that while baking it forms by itself 3 different layers.
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 45 mins
- Makes 6 servings
- 4 eggs
- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 5 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries, seeded
- Preheat the oven to 150C (300F).Grease a 7x10 inch baking pan and dust with flour.
- Separate egg yolks form egg whites. Mix egg yolks with sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour and mix until well blended. Add milk and continue mixing until homogenous.
- Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 90 minutes. After the first 15 minutes in the oven add cherries on top of the cake all over its' surface.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate. Sprinkle powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:323, Fat:18.1 g, Saturated Fat:10.5 g, Carbohydrates:33.1 g, Sugar:19.2 g, Protein:7.3 g, Cholesterol:166 mg, Calories from Fat 163, Sodium 177mg, Vitamin A 16%, Calcium 12%, Vitamin C 2%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade D+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.