Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Perfect as dessert or near a warm coffee at any hour of the day.
5 mins + 4 hrs chilling
4 hrs 25 mins
- Makes 16-17 truffles
- 5 ounces (150 g) dark chocolate 70%
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (50 g) butter
- 3 tbsp ground walnuts
- optional flavorings (coffee or orange zest, rum, lemon, cherries, or whatever you preffer)
- cocoa powder for coating
- Put the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, and melt over a pan of hot water. Set aside and add the butter stirring until smooth and homogenous. Add the heavy whipping cream, the walnuts, vanilla and the desired flavoring and mix until fully incorporated.
- Allow to cool, then put in the refrigerator for two hours until it is hard enough to roll, Remove and using a teaspoon roll out balls. Roll in your hands quickly and put them on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Nutrition facts 1 truffle - Calories:53, Fat:5.2g, Saturated Fat: 3.0g, Carbohydrates:1.3g, Sugar:1.0g, Protein: 0.5g, Cholesterol:12mg, Calories from Fat 47, Vitamin A 3%, Calcium 0%, Sodium 16mg, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.