Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Homemade Cheese Piadinas
These piadinas are really tasty, the cheese, green onion and dill together makes them irresistible. Can be used as appetizer base.
20 mins+ 1 hr rise + 30 mins shaping
40 mins for all
2 hr 30 mins
- Makes 12-14 piadinas
- 4 cups flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 ml warm milk
- 200 g cheese (I used some sheep cheese)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and sugar. Dissolve the fresh yeast in warm milk and add to the flour mixture. Add eggs and rest of the milk and mix everything together. Incorporate the cheese onion and dill using your hands, knead until smooth. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until nearly doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down, knead, and cut into 12-14 equal pieces. Roll out each one to a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter and 1/7-inch (3 -4mm) thick.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan. Put a little bit of oil in the pan. Cook the piadina on both sides until the dough is brown but still soft.
Nutrition facts 1 Piadina - Calories:201, Fat:5.0 g, Saturated Fat:2.5 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:30.9 g, Sugar:2.1 g, Fiber:1.6 g, Protein:8.5 g, Cholesterol:38 mg, Calories from Fat 45, Sodium 239mg, Vitamin A 6%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 3%, Iron 13%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.