Homemade Marzipan Candies Dipped in Chocolate
I really love the taste of marzipan, is one of my favorite. Finaly I took my time to make it at home and I will definitely make them again. Marzipan candies are perfect for holiday or family tables, or can be given as small presents to your guests.
- Makes about 20-22 candies
- 2 cupsÃÂ (230 g) raw blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Chocolate for dipping
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- In a food processor combine the almonds with granulated sugar until well mixed.
- Put the mixture into a bowl. Beat the egg white with a fork, pour over almond mixture and stir well. Add lemon juice, almond extract and powdered sugar gradually. Combine well until smooth and it forms a stiff paste. wrap the marzipan in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Create the shapes you like from the marzipan and refrigerate until you prepare the chocolate. Melt the dark chocolate over bain-marie stirring constantly. Remove from heat and start dipping the marzipan shapes. Place them on parchment paper until chocolate is set.
- Melt the white chocolate over bain-marie, remove from heat and decorate some of the marzipan candies. Let the chocolate set and they are ready to serve. Refrigerate the rest. Enjoy!