Homemade Nutella-Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
I've always wanted to make my own chocolate hazelnuts spread and here it is. Making it at home lets you control the content of sugar and of hazelnuts which is important as the kids love it and want to give them the best.
This is a more intense version of Nutella made at home. Tastier, healthier and absolutely delicious. If served with homemade bread it's even better.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup hazelnuts (roasted and peeled)
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Process nuts in a food processor for about 5 minutes until you get a smooth liquid butter texture.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder, oil and vanilla extract to hazelnuts and process until smooth.
- Transfer the spread into a small sauce pan and cook at 50 C (very low temperature) for 5 minutes then place finished hazelnut chocolate spread to an airtight container, let cool then refrigerate. Stir before serving.