Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Homemade Nutella-Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Posted on April 19, 2011
A more intense version of Nutella made at home. Tastier and absolutely delicious. If served with homemade bread it's even better.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup hazelnuts (roasted and peeled)
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Process nuts in a food processor for about 5 minutes until you get a smooth liquid butter texture.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder, oil and vanilla extract to hazelnuts and process until smooth.
- Transfer the spread into a small sauce pan and cook at 50 C (very low temperature) for 5 minutes then place finished hazelnut chocolate spread to an airtight container, let cool then refrigerate. Stir before serving.
Nutrition facts Whole Spread - Calories:2045, Fat:146.4 g, Saturated Fat:53.4 g, Carbohydrates:166.4 g, Sugar:138.0 g, Fiber:15.9 g, Protein:27.6 g, Cholesterol:46 mg, Calories from Fat 1318, Sodium 160 mg, Vitamin A 8%, Calcium 47%, Vitamin C 8%, Iron 50%, Nutrition Grade D, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.