Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
This is the easiest recipe for homemade vanilla ice cream you can ever get. No need for an ice cream maker, or for churning every half an hour. All you have to do is to wait for the hours to pass to be able to enjoy a creamy, smooth, delicious ice cream.
- Makes about 1 pound (450 g) ice cream-serves 4
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Remove from the heat, add the vanilla bean paste and allow to cool slightly. You can transfer to another bowl to cool faster.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the cream mixture in a covered storage container and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.