Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on April 27, 2011
Healthy and tasty stew, suitable for cold winter days, along homemade bread.
- Makes 3-4 servings
- 800 g canned green peas
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/3 cup celery root, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 200 ml vegetable stock or water
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, puree
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 ml cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add carrot, red pepper and celery root and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, tomatoes and vegetable stock and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and whole water from the can, soy sauce, salt if still needed and pepper, cover and bring to a boil. Add corn starch dissolved in 100 ml water. Stir constantly until the stew thickens. Remove from heat and serve with homemade freshly baked bread.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories: Vitamin A 131%, Calcium 12%, Vitamin C 237%, Iron 27%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. , Fat:1.4 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:47.5 g, Sugar:18.7 g, Fiber:14.2 g, Protein:14.4 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 13, Sodium 948 mg, Vitamin A 131%, Calcium 12%, Vitamin C 237%, Iron 27%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.