Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on May 20, 2011
I love cheesecake, I love chocolate crust, and strawberries on top worked just perfect. You won't regret trying this recipe!
1 hr 10 mins
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- 150 g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 11 tbsp flour
- 500 g cream cheese or fresh ricotta cheese
- 200 g sour cream
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 170C (340 F).
- For the crust mix all ingredients in a food processor until crumbs are formed. Press the crumbs into bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base) so that they stick together but not so much that it'll lose its crumby texture.
- For the cheese filling beat cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, vanilla extract, honey and sugar in a food processor until well blended. Start adding the eggs one at a time until each egg is absorbed. Pour the filling over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. You can serve or refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove sides of the pan. Garnish with strawberry slices,mint leaves and strawberry topping.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories: Calories from Fat 318, Fat:35.3 g, Saturated Fat:21.8 g, Carbohydrates:24.5 g, Sugar:11.8 g, Fiber:0.8 g, Protein:7.3 g, Cholesterol:152 mg, Calories from Fat 318, Sodium 264 mg, Vitamin A 25%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 20%, Iron 8%, Nutrition Grade D-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.