Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
We really love this soup. Spicy, flavorful and goes so well garnished with fresh lettuce or kale.
- Makes about 8 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 or 4 spicy Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 liter vegetable stock
- 1 small red chili pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg (2 pounds) potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 200 g sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sliced kale or lettuce
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and sausages and cook for another 5 minutes. Add red pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and chili pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and bring to simmer until tender. Mix sour cream with egg yolk and add to soup and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with kale or lettuce. Serve with homemade bread.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:221, Fat:11.1 g, Saturated Fat:4.5 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:25.9 g, Sugar:2.3 g, Fiber:3.4 g, Protein:5.4 g, Cholesterol:43 mg, Calories from Fat 100, Sodium 77mg, Vitamin A 11%, Calcium 6%, Vitamin C 65%, Iron 7%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.