Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
White and Dark Chocolate Mousse
A delicious dessert you can never say "No" to it. Smooth, creamy, airy and tastes of chocolate.
15 mins + overnight chilling
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 3 big eggs
- 50 g butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- flavors- your choice (rum, orange zest, lemon zest, mint, etc)
- Melt dark chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add half of butter and incorporate until well blended. Repeat this step with the white chocolate in another bowl.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks. Split the whites in 2 bowls.
- Beat the yolks with your chosen flavor ingredients, split in half and add to each of chocolate mixtures. Remove from heat.
- Fold in a spoonful of the whites into each of chocolate mixtures then pour each chocolate into the remaining whites and fold gently until well combined.
- The white mousse will not be as thick as the dark mousse so first pour the dark mousse into serving bowls, then pour the white mousse and finish with dark mousse on top. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate few hours or overnight. Sprinkle with grated chocolate before serving.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:614, Fat:39.1 g, Saturated Fat:23.5 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:56.7 g, Sugar:54.0 g, Fiber:1.2 g, Protein:10.9 g, Cholesterol:262 mg, Calories from Fat 352, Sodium 222mg, Vitamin A 15%, Calcium 16%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 10%, Nutrition Grade C-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.