Guacamole is lately one of our favorite dishes, either for brunch, dinner or as a quick lunch. Made with ripe avocados, chili, lime and cherry tomatoes, the result is flavorful and absolutely delicious.
When I prepare guacamole for my daughters I usually replace chilies with red peppers and they absolutely love it over chips or toast.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 red chili pepper, seeds removed
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the avocado into a bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice. Mash avocado with a fork until almost smooth.
- Fold in onion, chili pepper, tomatoes, cilantro or parsley, salt an pepper to taste. If you like spicy guacamole add more chili pepper to satisfy your tastes.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. This way you prevent oxidation. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita bead chips.