Guacamole is lately one of our favorite dishes, either for brunch, dinner or as a quick lunch. Made with ripe avocados, chili, lime and cherry tomatoes, the result is flavorful and absolutely delicious.
When I prepare guacamole for my daughters I usually replace chilies with red peppers and they absolutely love it over chips or toast.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 red chili pepper, seeds removed
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the avocado into a bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice. Mash avocado with a fork until almost smooth.
- Fold in onion, chili pepper, tomatoes, cilantro or parsley, salt an pepper to taste. If you like spicy guacamole add more chili pepper to satisfy your tastes.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. This way you prevent oxidation. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita bead chips.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
your pictures are breathtaking! the way you presented your guacamole in an avocado cup is awesome!
I love the look of your blog. We love guacamole, and have it often. Your pics are gorgeous
Viva Mexico!!!! :D, the pepper can be “jalapeño”also the taste its grate, grettiings from Mexico 😉
Thank you so much for this Guacamole recipe. I made this , it’s exe lent , fast to prepare & it’s delicious ! Love it! In the stores is expensive. :)) Thank you!!!
I am glad you liked it. Hope you will try some other of my recipes too.
thank you for this delicious simple salad. do you mean the red big pepper or powdered pepper?
Red Big Pepper