- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Fall is here and that means apples are in season now. There are so many ways to enjoy them, hope will have enough time to post some of the apple recipes I have in mind.
This easy recipe for apple crumble is one of the best recipes. To make it even more easier you can prepare the oats crumble the evening before and refrigerate and what is left for the next day is just to prepare the apples. Apple crumble is perfect for breakfast if served with some yogurt or as a dessert served warm with vanilla ice cream.
If the apples are really sweet you may consider reducing the amount of sugar in the recipe. Also you can make other variations to the oats crumble like adding some chopped almonds or raisins.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe, and let me know if you give this a try.
Recipe adapted after foodnetwork
- Makes about 6 servings
- Apple Filling
- 3 pounds (1.3 kg ) apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp (20g) flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Crumble Topping
- 1 stick (110g) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cup (110g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (70g) walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Lightly grease a 9X13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and walnuts if used. Incorporate butter to the flour mixture, using a pastry blender or a fork, until crumbs are formed.
Slice apples into 1/4 inch slices. Transfer the apples into a large bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour and cinnamon.
Spread them out into the prepared baking dish.
Add the crumbles over the apples.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes until apples are bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or honey yogurt.