- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
My husband loves apple recipes, and when I have the chance I try to make him apple desserts like this apple upside down cake or apple cake. For a delicious breakfast I sometime make apple galette by replacing peaches with apples on this recipe.
These apple dumplings are totally irresistible, with just the right amount of apples, cinnamon and crust. My family enjoyed this apple dumplings which are just perfect for autumn and winter days.
- Makes about 35-36 dumplings
- 3 cups (380 g) flour
- 2 sticks (200 g) butter, cut in small cubes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 10 g fresh yeast (1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 pounds (1 kg) apples
- 1 tbsp semolina flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Powdered sugar
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. In a medium sized bowl mix well the butter with flour and sugar. Add the eggs and the milk with yeast and mix until well blended. Knead well, cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1 hr to let the yeast develop.
- Meanwhile prepare the apple filling: peel and grate the apples. Press the grated apples with your hands to remove the juice and put the pressed apples in a large bowl. Stir in semolina flour and cinnamon. Add sugar just before starting to roll the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (350F).
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces. Sprinkle flour on the working surface. Using a rolling pin roll out each piece into a rectangular about 12 inches (30 cm) long, 10 high. Cut in 12 about 4 inches (10 cm) squares.
- Add spoons of apple mixture in the center of each square. Bring up 2 opposite sides of the dough to cover and bring the other 2 together, spin and cover the apple mixture. Place them in a greased baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned. When cooled enough sprinkle powdered sugar on top of each. Enjoy!