- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Apples and Oats Biscotti
I've been craving biscotti lately and as fall is here and apples are in season now I thought of making apple biscotti. I really love adding fruits in my breakfast recipes, I find them healthier all of a sudden. Not only I added apples in these biscotti but also used rolled oats and walnuts. These are probably the healthiest biscotti ever :) Crunchy, and wonderfully flavored because of the apple cinnamon combination.
My daughters really enjoy apple biscotti and I find them a good snack on the go to their kinder garden. I personally love to dunk them in my morning coffee. It is such a delightful breakfast.
You can consider on drizzling some caramel sauce over the apple biscotti for a decadent morning treat. You can find a caramel sauce recipe here, I am sure you will love this.
These twice baked cookies are easy to prepare, and can be stored up to several days in an airtight container, at room temperature.
- Makes about 3o biscotti
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick (110g) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Peel apples and grate on the larger holes of the grater.
In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl mix butter with sugar.
Mix in eggs and add vanilla extract.
Add flour mixture and mix well.
Stir in the apples and chopped walnuts.
Using a rubber spatula shape the batter into 2 loafs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes until dry and crisp.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.