- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Apricot Jam and Walnut Cookies
Did you ever make cookies using jam in the recipe? If you didn't you should definitely try, they turn out to be amazingly delicious. My idea was to reduce the amount of sugar and replace it with jam and also bring a plus of flavor. I was afraid that they won't bake right but the result as a matter of look and taste is a delicious success. From now on I will make all my cookies this way.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 stick (110g) butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- walnuts for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg.
- Add apricot jam, almond extract and vanilla extract and stir well to incorporate. Stir dry ingredients together, flour and baking powder and add into butter mixture.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Using a tablespoon or your ice cream scoop take small balls and place on prepared baking sheets with distance between them. Top with chopped walnuts and bake 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown. Remove from sheet to a cooling rack. Cool completely.