- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Baked Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze
Watch the video for this recipe:
Who doesn’t love doughnuts especially if topped with Nutella glaze. I rarely make dougnuts that are fried but these baked ones are a bit healthier and really delicious too. You don’t even need a doughnut pan or special doughnut cutter for this recipe. I used round cutters of two different sizes and worked as great.
If the doughnuts are not overbaked remain soft and fluffy inside and can be topped with your favorite glazes and sprinkles. This Nutella glaze is absolutely delicious, really easy to prepare and everybody enjoyed it. Served immediately after the doughnuts are done makes them totally irresistible.
- Makes about 14-15 doughnuts
- 2 1/2 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/3 cup (66g) sugar
- 15 g fresh yeast (1 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160ml) lukewarm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- extra flavor if desired: vanilla, lemon zest, cinnamon, etc
- Nutella Glaze
- 1/2 cup (140g), Nutella, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80ml) whipping cream
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt and 1/3 cup sugar.
- In a small bowl stir fresh yeast with 1 tsp sugar until it liquefies. Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup milk and then add to the flour mixture. Add the butter, egg and rest of milk and start kneading until smooth and slightly pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for about 1 hour at room temperature (warm space) until doubled in size.
- On a floured surface, using a rolling pin roll the dough until ½ (1 cm) inch thick.
- Use a doughnut cutter or 3 inch (7.5 cm) round cutter to cut the doughnuts and an 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) round cutter for the inner circle.
- Re-roll the rest of the dough and cut into doughnuts until no dough is left.
- Place the doughnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Bake the doughnuts for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden brown. Make sure you don’t overbake the doughnuts.
- While they cool slightly prepare the Nutella glaze.
- In a bowl combine Nutella with cream and if it still too thick gradually add more cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Dip the doughnuts halfway into the glaze, use a knife to spread the glaze where necessary and add nuts or sprinkles on top. Enjoy!