- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
- Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- Snickers Mousse Cake - Chocolate Caramel Peanut Mousse Cake
- Turkey Roulade with Cranberry and Spinach Stuffing
- Refined Sugar Free Date Cocoa Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Twisted Pumpkin Bagels
- Easy Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
Watch the video for this recipe:
Did you know you can prepare baked donuts as good as the fried ones without the guilt? These Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are amazingly soft and flavorful, kids' favorite every time I make them. The recipe comes together in just a few minutes, using basic ingredients you already have at home. It is so easy and quick to prepare them at home as for these donuts you don’t even need yeast or eggs and they don’t require deep frying either.
After baking, these donuts are brushed with a bit of melted butter or vegetable oil and coated into a cinnamon sugar mixture and then are ready for serving right way.
You can definitely use this recipe to create various donuts, skip the coating and dip them in various glazes, from nutella to melted chocolate or caramel and the list can go on. Hope you will try these delicious donuts and enjoy!
- Makes about 22-23 mini donuts
- Donut Dough
- 2 1/2 cup (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 4 tbsp (56g) oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- For Brushing the Donuts
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour with baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled surface and use a slightly greased rolling pin to roll the dough to ½ inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Use a donut cutter or 2.5 inch (6 cm) round cookie cutter to cut the donuts and a 3/4 inch (2 cm) round cutter for the inner circle.
- Re-roll the rest of the dough and cut into donuts until no dough is left.
- Place the donuts about 2 inches (5cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the donuts for 7-8 minutes. Make sure you don’t over bake the donuts.
- Meanwhile mix together the sugar and cinnamon for coating and melt the butter for brushing.
- Brush each donut with melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!