- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Baked Stuffed Potatoes
I really love stuffed potatoes. Crunchy exterior, delicious filling and unique flavor of fresh lovage makes you want for more. You can replace the chicken with mushrooms and lovage with parsley or celery. There are so many other options for filling potatoes that you can never get bored of this dish.
- Makes 12 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 big red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lovage, chopped
- 80-100 g grated cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork and put them in the oven rack for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft. Add red pepper and chicken small pieces and cook until meat has lost it's raw color. Stir in fresh lovage, salt and pepper an remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Add the scooped-out potato flesh to filling mixture, and stir.
- Turn the oven to 250°C (480°F). Grease a baking sheet with oil. Fill the potato shells with the filling mixture and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes until potatoes turn golden brown.