- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Balmos - a sort of Cheese Polenta
Balmos - or cheese polenta is a rich, smooth cheesy dish, absolutely delicious. Yogurt makes it a little tart tasting, a perfect side dish along a fresh salad, meat or sauce.
This is one of my daughter's favorite for dinner.
- Makes 3-4 servings
- 400 g plain yogurt
- 400 ml milk
- 200 g sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cold pressed sun flower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup corn meal
- In a medium heavy pot combine yogurt with milk and sour cream. Stir in eggs, oil and cheese and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add cornmeal slowly, stirring continuously. Add salt and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly. It is done when it pulls away from the sides of the pot.
- Serve hot with a fresh salad or with some of you favorite sauces or as a side dish along meat.