Watch the video for this recipe:
Banoffee Pie is an easy no-bake dessert that can be prepared all year round and tastes absolutely amazing. The name comes from Banana and Toffee combination and I must say it’s absolutely brilliant. It is the first time trying this dessert and I was really impressed by the flavor combination. Delicious biscuit crust, caramel and flavored ripe bananas for filling, topped with coffee flavored whipped cream and crispy chocolate curls.
Though it is a no-bake dessert it does take a bit of time if you need to prepare the dulce de leche by yourself, in case you can not find it in stores. For that you need to use a can of sweetened condensed milk and boil it unopened for 2-3 hours. This can be easily made in advance and have it ready for later use. After that everything goes pretty fast. Just prepare the crust and fill it with dulce de leche and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving top it with banana slices,whipped cream and chocolate if desired. It is heavenly. Enjoy!!
Key Lime Pie
No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart
- Makes about 10 servings
- 10 oz (300g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz - 397g) sweetened condensed milk, unlabeled
- 2-3 ripe medium bananas
- Lemon juice form a lemon
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) whipping cream , chilled
- 2 tsp (2g) instant coffee
- Chocolate curls
- Prepare dulce de leche. Place the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan, and cover with water. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 2.5- 3 hours. Remove from heat, remove the can from water and cool.
- Prepare the crust. Place the biscuits/graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until completely combined.
- Press the mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular 5x14 inch (12 x 36 cm) tart pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread the dulce de leche over the crust and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl mix cream with instant coffee until stiff peaks form.
- Slice bananas thinly. Sprinkle lemon juice over the slices to prevent oxidation and arrange them over the dulce de leche in one layer.
- Spread the whipped cream over the banana slices and decorate with chocolate curls if desired. Serve immediately.