- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Barbeque Sweet Rolls
Don't know how many of you know what a kurtos-kalacs is. This is one of my childhood favorite recipes.
A kurtos-kalacs (sweet roll) is made from sweet, yeast dough. Pieces of dough are rolled into a thin rope and then wrapped around a truncated cone, and rolled in egg and granulated sugar. While baking the sugar stuck on kürt?s kalács and becomes caramel forming shiny, crispy crust.
We took this idea of kurtos kolacs and used it for a barbeque day to create these barbeque sweet rolls, utterly delectable-looking. Sweet rolls with tender crispy crust filled with vanilla cream and strawberry. Simply amazing.
- Makes about 23-25 rolls
- 1.2 kg flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 10 tbsp oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) warm milk
- 1 egg
- cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar. Dissolve the fresh yeast in little warm milk and add to the flour mixture. Add eggs and rest of the milk, sour cream, lemon zest and oil and mix everything together. Knead until smooth. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until nearly doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down, knead, and split into 23-25 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a thin rope, about 30 cm (12 inches) long . You can use oil if the dough is sticky.
- Grease the bottom of a barbeque stick and wrap dough rope around it. Beat the egg and brush each roll. Sprinkle sugar (and cinnamon if using) all over the roll surface and roast it slowly over the fire until golden brown.
- When it's done, let it cool for a minute then remove slowly from the stick and serve with vanilla cream filling, fresh strawberries on top and sprinkle with strawberry topping.