Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta
Do you like pasta and don't know what other easy, healthy combinations to make? Here is one idea that looks good and tastes awesome.
This is another recipe that includes broccoli. I always try to find delicious ways to use broccoli in a meal, and to be easily accepted by my little daughters, like these amazing Broccoli Quesadillas or Broccoli Patties which were really appreciated.
As they love pasta recipes in general I decided to make pasta with broccoli, which was a real success. I am glad of all the times they eat this vegetable for its benefits.
The recipe is easy and quick, it takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare and is really delicious and healthy. It can make a perfect lunch or dinner for all the family.
- Makes about 2-3 servings
- 1 cup (about 120 g) broccoli florets
- 2.5 oz (70 g) prosciutto cotto
- 7 oz (200 g) your favorite pasta (spaghetti, linguini, Fettuccine..)
- 2/3 cup (200g) cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- To cook broccoli bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add one teaspoon of salt. Add the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the florets and place in a bowl with ice water.
- Return water to the boil. Cook the pasta to the al dente stage. Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water in case you need it.
- Cut the prosciutto in 1/4 inch strips. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and cook for a couple of minutes. Add broccoli and cream and stir.
- Add drained pasta. If necessary add some water to get the consistency you prefer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese slices on top.