- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Broccoli Cheese Balls
Watch the video for this recipe:
I am one of the luckiest moms to have my little girls eating broccoli and even enjoying it. I like to try various ways of introducing this healthy vegetable in their diet and these Broccoli and Cheese balls is one of them. I really love the way they turned out, and not only they have broccoli but I also added oats to bring more nutritional value.
These healthy broccoli and cheese balls are really easy to prepare, and you can serve as they are with a dipping sauce, or use them in tortilla wraps, as a side dish or a great snack on the go. They also can be made as an healthy appetizer for parties and family gatherings. They keep well refrigerated for several days or frozen for later use.
- Makes about 35 balls
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 1 head (300g) broccoli florets
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (30g) breadcrumbs
- 2-3 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate cheeses using the small holes of the grater.
- Cut broccoli florets in very small pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Add cheese, onion, garlic, oats, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into the bowl. Add 2 eggs and mix to combine. If still too dry add another egg.
- Use an ice cream scoop to take equal portions of broccoli and cheese mixture and form into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with a bit of vegetable oil over the top.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes until slightly golden.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or as a side dish.