Watch the video for this recipe:
For everybody who love broccoli or for those who want to include it in their diet this is one great way to prepare it. Broccoli Quesadillas are a perfect way to use any leftover cooked broccoli or you can just cook the broccoli for this recipe, might be even better. It takes only few minutes to prepare and the final dish is healthy, delicious and tempting, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped, room temperature
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- If you want to use homemade tortillas this would be the first step. For homemade tortillas you can find the recipe here. After you make them let them cool down, to reach the room temperature.
- To cook broccoli bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add one teaspoon of salt. Add the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender for about 2 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl with ice water. Drain and chop the broccoli.
- Combine broccoli with cheese, corn and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper. Divide mixture in four, for each tortilla. Add the mixture on one half of the tortillas, and fold it with the other half.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Carefully add two folded tortillas and cook on each side for several minutes until the bottom of tortilla is golden. Flip and cook on the other side too, cheese should be melted and the tortillas gold and crisp. Repeat this step with the other two.
- Remove from pan and slice into wedges. Serve hot or warm.