- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Brown Butter Blondies
Watch the video for this recipe:
Blondies are one of the easiest desserts you can make with an amazing texture and flavor. Brown sugar is one of the main ingredients alongside butter and vanilla. You can make it with melted butter or either brown butter, though browning the butter enhances the caramel flavor and makes them totally irresistible.
Blondies are rich and fudgy, the perfect dessert to make whenever you need a quick dessert for a special occasion. You can make variations to this recipe like adding nuts or different candies for extra texture. Enjoy!
- Makes about 9 servings
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 2/3 cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) white chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 8x8 inch (20x20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until butter gets a nutty brown color It may take few minutes.
- Sieve the butter into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour with baking powder and salt and set aside until ready to use.
- Add brown sugar over the melted brown butter and mix to combine. Incorporate egg and then add vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix to combine. Fold the chocolate chips and transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting it into squares. Enjoy!.