Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Butternut Squash Risotto
Posted on April 28, 2011
Delicious way to cook rice, the squash gives a pleasant aroma to it along the white wine.
- Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 medium squash, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the squash in half, remove seeds and fibers and place them cut side down on a roasting pan along with 1/2 cup of water. Bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 40-50 minutes until tender. Remove peel and cut in small 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add red pepper, garlic and rice and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add gradually the vegetable stock, salt, pepper and sage. Simmer until the rice is tender and all the liquid has evaporated.Stir constantly.
- Add the prepared squash. Mix well and serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:244, Fat:0.5 g, Carbohydrates:44.2 g, Sugar:3.2 g, Fiber:2.0 g, Protein:4.5 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 4, Sodium 16mg, Vitamin A 11%, Calcium 4%, Vitamin C 50%, Iron 14%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.