- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
This cabbage soup reminds me a lot of childhood. My mother used to make it a lot, and with time turned to be one of my favorite soup recipe.
Healthy, spicy flavorful, the combination of cabbage with dill and thyme is simply perfect.
- Makes about 8 servings
- 2 pounds (800-1000 g) cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 parsley root, diced
- 1 cup celery root, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tomatoes, puree
- 2 quarts (2 liters) vegetable stock or chicken stock or water
- 1 chili pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-low heat. Cook onion, carrots, celery, parsley, red pepper and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, tomato puree and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock and cabbage and bring to boil. Reduce heat, add chili pepper,cover and simmer until vegetables are tender to bite.
- Add dill, thyme salt and pepper if still needed, simmer 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve with sour cream and freshly baked bread.