- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies
Watch the video for this recipe:
Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies are some of the best cookies you can prepare for winter holiday season. Adding crunchy crushed candy canes on top not only bring extra flavor and texture but they also add a festive look and beautiful touch of holiday colors.
They are very easy to prepare, and can be easily made in advance as the cookies freeze really well. These cookies look really pretty and can be a great choice for homemade holiday gifts.
- Makes about 30 cookies
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) mint extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 6 oz (170g) semisweet chocolate, chips or chunks
- Crushed candy canes, about 4 or 5
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (165 C). In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and 4 oz of semisweet chocolate together over low heat or bain-marie. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Add mint extract.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Drop 1 tablespoon portions 2 inches (5cm) apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes — they should be slightly underbaked so the interior stays chewy and soft.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove, probably another 5-10 minutes. While cookies are still warm add on top of each some extra crushed candy canes to get a beautiful look. Cool completely on a wire rack.