- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Cauliflower Cream Soup
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that can be cooked in so many ways. It is absolutely delicious in various combinations. Either raw in salads or side dishes to hearty soups, cauliflower gratin or roasted cauliflower, all bring out the best from this vegetable. I am absolutely fascinated o the variety of recipes that you can make with this beautiful flower shaped vegetable.
This recipe for cauliflower cream soup is very flavorful. One of the best way to cook cauliflower I could say. Served with bread croutons and cheese makes it just perfect.
- Makes about 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower- cut into small flowerets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup celery root, diced
- 1 potato, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 500 ml milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g cheese- cut in 1/2 inch cubes, to serve
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable soup, cauliflower and potato and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are very tender.
- Add milk and bring to boil.
- Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with cheese pieces. Serve with toasted bread or bread croutons.