- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
There are so many delicious ways to cook with cauliflower. Cauliflower Gratin is definitely one of them. It is healthy, smooth and really tasty with crispy topping of bread crumbs and cheese.
This combination is really great and kids will love it too. It is a good way to give cauliflower to children.
Serve cauliflower gratin alongside your favorite meat or if you want to keep it vegetarian just serve it along a fresh salad and some crackers or crusty bread.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower - cut into small flowerets
- 2 or 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 stick (55 g) butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (130 ml) milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 basil leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (50 g) cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook the cauliflower flowerets for about 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Prepare the sauce. Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan stirring constantly. Add the basil leaf and garlic. Turn off the heat, cover and let infuse for about 10 minutes. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute then whisk in the milk a little at a time. Stir it until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, let it cool for few minutes then add the egg.
- Butter a baking dish and coat it with bread crumbs. Place the boiled cauliflower in it and pour the sauce all over it. Sprinkle with cheese on top. If you want it more crunchy, sprinkle some bread crumbs on top of grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200°C or until golden brown. Use grill function for the last 5 minutes.