Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Celery Root Salad
Posted on October 27, 2011
Very easy recipe for a delicious, healthy and refreshing salad. Can be served as appetizer or along meat. This salad is often served at holiday tables therefore it can be made one day before serving and still keep its fresh taste.
- 1 lb celery root - quartered, peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2,3 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- Apple slices - for serving
- In a medium pan bring water to boil. Add the celery root to water and cook until tender. Remove the celery from water and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the celery root to the bowl of a food processor. Add egg yolks, oil, garlic and salt and process until smooth. Transfer the salad to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh slices of apples.
Nutrition facts Whole Salad - Calories:1852, Fat:174.2 g, Saturated Fat:35.7 g, Carbohydrates:71.1 g, Sugar:26.4 g, Fiber:12.7 g, Protein:13.2 g, Cholesterol:420 mg, Calories from Fat 1568, Sodium 628 mg, Vitamin A 12%, Calcium 27%, Vitamin C 79%, Iron 25%, Nutrition Grade C-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.