Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Celery Root Salad
Posted on October 27, 2011
Very easy recipe for a delicious, healthy and refreshing salad. Can be served as appetizer or along meat. This salad is often served at holiday tables therefore it can be made one day before serving and still keep its fresh taste.
- 1 lb celery root - quartered, peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2,3 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- Apple slices - for serving
- In a medium pan bring water to boil. Add the celery root to water and cook until tender. Remove the celery from water and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the celery root to the bowl of a food processor. Add egg yolks, oil, garlic and salt and process until smooth. Transfer the salad to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh slices of apples.
Nutrition facts Whole Salad - Calories:1852, Fat:174.2 g, Saturated Fat:35.7 g, Carbohydrates:71.1 g, Sugar:26.4 g, Fiber:12.7 g, Protein:13.2 g, Cholesterol:420 mg, Calories from Fat 1568, Sodium 628 mg, Vitamin A 12%, Calcium 27%, Vitamin C 79%, Iron 25%, Nutrition Grade C-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.