- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
There is something about cheese appetizers that always attract me like a magnet. The baked cheese is always soo good, and enrich every dish with it's unique flavor. A friend of mine told me about these amazing cheddar biscuits and since then I've been eager to try them out as I was sure I will love them. What not to like: buttery, flaky, garlicky and cheesy biscuits... one of the best combinations ever and they do look really appetizing as well.
I added some grated cheese on top of each, as while baking it forms a really crusty flavorful top and the interior remains soft and fluffy. Really loved the extra garlic butter mixture on top, it really enhances all the flavors. I've made these cheddar biscuits for a couple of times now and every time they were finished before having time to cool :) They are best served right after you take them out of the oven, really love the steam that comes out when you break in smaller pieces ... it is indeed a wonderful appetizer. For me they can easily make a meal if served alongside a fresh salad.
What I love the most is that they are really quick, are done in a matter of minutes, with ingredients you always have on hand. If you don't have buttermilk you can always substitute with some yogurt and milk, try different type of cheese, and so on, just give these cheddar biscuits a try and see how delicious they are.
Recipe slightly adapted after Cinnamon- Spice & Everything Nice
- Makes about 10-12 biscuits
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp (70 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup (200g) buttermilk, cold
- 1 cup (100g) matured cheddar cheese, grated
- For brushing the tops
- 2 tbsp (30g) melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and garlic powder. Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
- Add the grated cheese and just give a quick stir to combine with the flour mixture. Incorporate the cold buttermilk until just combined, don't overmix.
- Take large spoons of mixture and with the help of another tablespoon place them on the prepared baking sheet. Optional sprinkle some grated cheese on top of each.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- While they bake, prepare the butter mixture. Melt the butter into a small sauce pan, add garlic, parsley and salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with butter mixture and serve hot.