- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Watch the video for this recipe:
Chicken Marsala is one of the most comforting dishes to prepare for a quick dinner or lunch or whenever you need to prepare something impressive for your guests. Chicken prepared this way is really flavorful due to the Marsala wine, mushrooms and shallots. It is best served alongside pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
Due to the ingredients used for this recipe Chicken Marsala is suitable for any season. It is a quick dish that takes no more than 30 minutes and is by far one of the best way to prepare chicken.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound (450g) skinless boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/4 inch (6mm) thick
- 1/3 cup (40g) flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp (42g) olive oil
- 9 oz (250g) Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chicken stock
- 3 tbsp (45g) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (14g) Butter
- To pound the chicken in thin slices cut chicken halves in half lengthwise, and if still too thick place plastic wrap over the chicken pieces and using a meat mallet pound until ¼ inch (6mm) thick.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Put flour in a plate and dredge each piece of chicken in flour discarding the excess.
- In a large skillet heat about 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook on both sides until browned and cooked throughout. If necessary work in batches. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and cook the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes until tender. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, for about 5-7 minutes more. If too dry add more oil.
- Add Marsala wine and boil for 1-2 minutes to burn the alcohol. Add the chicken broth, and cook 2 more minutes to reduce slightly. Add the cream and butter and stir until butter is melted. Return chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with fresh pasta.