- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Chocolate and Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
This recipe is one of those that works for various occasions either holidays, different parties or anniversaries. I have done this for many years and it has been appreciated each time but never had the ocassion to make the photos until now and be able to finally post it here.
It's not only the marbled effect which makes it tempting, the taste is incredible flavorful... the orange makes it so festive, the subtle flavor of coffee in combination with chocolate and almond makes it really irresistible. The cream cheese is a perfect addition to any kind of chocolate based cakes.
I have reduced the quantity of sugar and chocolate from the original recipe, replaced some of the chocolate with cocoa powder to reduce from the number of calories and still don't affect the taste.
You really have to give this chocolate recipe a try as I am sure you will be delighted.
- Makes about 20 servings
- Chocolate Batter
- 7 oz (200 g) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 7 oz (200 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Cream Cheese Batter
- 1 pound (500 g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- zest of one orange
- 1 egg
- orange juice of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate on bain marie. Meanwhile in a large bowl add the butter and sugar and mix well until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well until incorporated.
- Mix in the coffee, vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and mix again to combine. Set aside to prepare the cream cheese batter.
- In another bowl mix well the cream cheese with egg, sugar, orange zest and orange juice.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared baking sheet. Place spoons of cream cheese batter on top of it. With a knife create swirls to get the marble effect.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool at room temperature. Cut it simple in bars or any other shape you prefer using pastry cutters. Enjoy!