Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Chocolate Mascarpone Ice Cream
Posted on August 9, 2012
I love chocolate no matter the season. I never leave myself without dark chocolate somewhere in the fridge for whenever I am craving for some.
As this hot summer is asking for refreshing and cooling treats I've been searching for a way to create a rich chocolate ice cream that doesn't need an ice cream maker and also not to need to break up the crystals every half an hour.
So I finally had the idea of using Mascarpone cheese in my recipe which makes the ice cream more rich and creamy and that was exactly what I was looking for.
The result is an incredible chocolate mascarpone Ice cream, rich and chocolaty and refreshing, irresistible to true chocolate lovers.
- Makes about 5-6 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (240 g) Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150 g dark chocolate for melting
- 60 g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Melt 150 g of chocolate over bain marie. Chop 60 g of dark chocolate and set aside.
2. Place the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Mix in the mascarpone into the egg mixture. Fold the melted chocolate until well combined.
3. Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the cocoa powder and gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined.
4. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:383, Fat:21.1 g, Saturated Fat:13.6 g, Carbohydrates:40.1 g, Sugar:34.9 g, Fiber:1.7 g, Protein:9.7 g, Cholesterol:97 mg, Calories from Fat 190 , Sodium 87 mg,Vitamin A 9%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 17%, Iron 9%, Nutrition Grade C, Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.