Watch the video for this recipe:
This chocolate mousse is definitely one of my favorite desserts. It's elegant smooth, creamy, airy and most of all chocolaty. I always recommend this dessert for elegant dinners.
Chocolate mousse is a dessert made in many restaurants and may seem a complicated , sophisticated recipe. Don't be afraid to give it a try, it's not difficult at all. Actually it's quite easy and fast to prepare and will surely impress your guests.
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 5.5 oz (150 g) dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp (50g) butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- flavors - you choose (rum, orange, zest, lemon zest, mint, etc)
- Melt chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add butter and incorporate until well blended.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks.
- Beat the yolks with your chosen flavor ingredients, add to chocolate mixture.
- Fold in a spoonful of the whites into chocolate mixture then pour chocolate into the remaining whites and fold gently until well combined.
- Pour the mousse into serving bowls. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate few hours or overnight. Decorate if desired before serving.