- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Watch the video for this recipe:
This Chocolate Pecan Pie is a rich chocolaty nutty dessert perfect for fall days and holiday season. Flaky buttery pie crust filled with crunchy pecans and chocolate filling.. by far one of the best combinations ever.
The pie is made with no corn syrup and uses dark brown sugar instead which brings an amazing molasses caramel flavor. The chocolate balances the sweetness of the filling while the pecans bring an amazing crunchy texture. You can serve the pie with some fresh whipped cream or ice cream on top for a more decadent treat. Enjoy!
- Makes about 10 servings
- Pastry Dough
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) ice water
- Pecan Filling
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (100g) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) white sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (10g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (200g) pecans, divided
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Prepare the crust. In a medium bowl whisk flour with sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add egg yolk and water and stir until incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, shape into a disk and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Slightly grease a 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) pie pan.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough until it's about 12 in (30cm) in diameter.
- Line the pan with the rolled dough and press the edges. Trim the excess dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Prick the crust with a fork. Line the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and weights and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Let it cool slightly on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the filling. In a large bowl, mix eggs with both sugars and salt until smooth and well combined. Add melted buttermilk, milk and vanilla extract. In the end incorporate flour. Fold in 1 cup (100g) pecans and chocolate chips.
- Slowly pour the filling into the prepared crust. Decorate the top with the remaining cup of pecan halves.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake the pie for 45 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for 10-15 minutes, until the center jiggles slightly.
- Cool completely before serving. Serve at room temperature with fresh whipped cream or
- The pie can be stored covered up to 3-5 days on the countertop. Enjoy!