Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Fabulous rich chocolate pumpkin bundt cake suitable for fall and Thanksgiving dinner table. The pumpkin and spices bring a special flavor to the chocolate cake and the crunchy walnuts bring a nice texture as well.
I really find this a delicious recipe for pumpkin season.. and as it has pumpkin in it.. it's quite healthy :). Even kids who doesn't love to eat pumpkin by itself will devour this chocolate pumpkin cake.
- Makes about 10 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups freshly baked pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup big grounded walnuts
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the 3 eggs with sugar until well blended. Add pumpkin, oil and mix well. Stir in cacao powder, flour, baking powder and spices. Add walnuts and stir.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake about 70 – 75 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan over a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.