Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Spiced cheese pumpkin filling, cinnamon and chocolate flavor. Excellent combination, a different pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving Day or perfect for any other holiday table.
1 hr 30 mins for the homemade pumpkin + 30 mins
- Makes 10-12 servings
- 7 oz (200 g) digestive biscuits
- 6 tbsp (80 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 pound (500 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces (100 g) dark chocolate
- Homemade fresh pumpkin puree tastes better and is healthier, it's easy to make and for sure pumpkin pies are more delicious this way. Cut the pumpkin in half, remove seeds and fibers and place them cut side down on a roasting pan along with 1 cup of water. Bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours until tender. Scoop out the pulp and puree in a food processor until smooth. Cool before using.
- Crush digestive biscuits. Melt butter and blend with crushed biscuits, milk and cocoa powder until ingredients are evenly moistened. Press biscuits mixture with the back of the spoon into bottom of a 10-inch (26) springform pan (with a removable base).
- In a separate bowl, stir to combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg
- Beat cheese and pumpkin puree in a food processor until well blended. Gradually add the sugar mixture and beat until creamy and smooth. Start adding the eggs one at a time until each egg is absorbed.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Pour the chocolate into 250 ml of cheese and pumpkin mixture and fold gently to combine evenly. Pour the rest of the cheese filling over the prepared crust. Add spoons of chocolate mixture from place to place on top and gently swirl with knife to get the marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 150 C (300 F). Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:365, Fat:27.6 g, Saturated Fat:15.5 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:24.1 g, Sugar:13.6 g, Fiber:1.4 g, Protein:6.8 g, Cholesterol:113 mg, Calories from Fat 248, Sodium 268mg, Vitamin A 84%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Iron 10%, Nutrition Grade C, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.