- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Chocolate truffles are one of my favorite bite sized treats, rich and delicate. Love to serve them alongside a warm coffee in the morning or as small rewards at any hour of the day.
These chocolate truffles are made with dark chocolate, cream, a bit of butter and walnuts. Easy to prepare, can be made in advance which makes them perfect for holidays and as homemade gifts for guests.
- Makes 16-17 truffles
- 5 ounces (150 g) dark chocolate 70%
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (50 g) butter
- 3 tbsp ground walnuts
- optional flavorings (coffee or orange zest, rum, lemon, cherries, or whatever you preffer)
- cocoa powder for coating
- Put the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, and melt over a pan of hot water. Set aside and add the butter stirring until smooth and homogenous. Add the heavy whipping cream, the walnuts, vanilla and the desired flavoring and mix until fully incorporated.
- Allow to cool, then put in the refrigerator for two hours until it is hard enough to roll, Remove and using a teaspoon roll out balls. Roll in your hands quickly and put them on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.