- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
These cornmeal pancakes reminds me a lot of childhood. Probably this is one of the reasons I still like to serve them at breakfast every time I have the chance.
The use of cornmeal make these pancakes a little bit crispy on the outside but still fluffy and soft enough on the inside. For those who love the corn flavor in combination with vanilla and lemon these cornmeal pancakes makes a great breakfast.
- Makes about 28 pancakes
- 2 cups (500 g) yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- grated zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Mix eggs with sugar, oil, lemon zest, yogurt, vanilla extract and baking powder. Stir in cornmeal and flour. If the batter seems too thin add a little more flour.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Take large tablespoons of batter and cook until some bubbles appear on the surface and the edges look brown. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side.
- These pancakes can be served with butter and honey or maple syrup . Another option is to serve them with jam or fresh fruits.