- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
Watch the video for this recipe:
Rich, fudgy, chocolaty brownies topped with swirled cream cheese are simply hard to resist.
I make them for many years now on special occasions and are greatly appreciated each time. Even though I already posted a similar recipe on my blog years ago I’ve wanted to make few changes and create the perfect swirled brownies ever. This time the swirls are more visible and clear and the brownies are more fudgy and dense. This time the butter is melted with chocolate and the batter is more runny and makes it easier to create swirls on top.
This recipe uses orange, almond, espresso and vanilla for extra flavor, but feel free to change these according to your tastes.
- Makes about 15 servings
- Brownie Batter
- 2/3 cup (150g) butter
- 7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50ml) espresso
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2g) almond extract
- 3 tbsp (24g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (2g) salt
- Cream Cheese Mixture
- 12 oz (350g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (65g) sugar
- 1 egg
- zest from one orange
- 3 tbsp (45ml) orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Grease and line a 9x13 inch (24x35 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cream cheese: Mix the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the sugar, orange zest and orange juice. Incorporate the egg and set aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well until incorporated. Add espresso coffee, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour chocolate batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Reserve about ¾ cup to use later to create swirls.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Spoon the remained ¾ cup chocolate batter over the cream cheese and using a knife create swirls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Let it cool completely on a cooling rack,cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cut in squares using a hot knife.