- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Crispy Onion Rings
Watch the video for this recipe:
Crispy onion rings are one of the most loved appetizers by people of all ages and they are perfect for any occasion. With a tender interior and a crispy exterior these homemade onion rings are way better than what you can serve in any restaurant. They are very easy to prepare and the results are really satisfying.
The most common onions to use are the yellow or white ones. Feel free to adjust the spices according to your tastes and use any of your favorite dipping sauces to go along. Hope you will give them a try and enjoy!
- Makes about 50 rings
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch (6mm) slices
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) corn starch
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (1g) oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp (7g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) chilli powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cup (135g) Panko bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- your favorite dipping sauce
- In a medium bowl combine flour with cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chilli powder, oregano and salt. Add egg and gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Cut onion into ¼ inch (6mm) slices. Carefully separate the rings of onion.
- Coat onion rings in flour mixture and let the excess drip off.
- Coat the rings in breadcrumbs and repeat until all rings are done.
- Heat oil into a skillet or pan.
- Fry the rings, in batches, until they are golden brown, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.