Watch the video for this recipe:
Thanksgiving is fast approaching, only few weeks away for a time to be thankful and meet with the dearest ones.
These comforting soft rolls shouldn’t miss your Thanksgiving table. Slightly warm, soft and fluffy, exactly as dinner rolls should be.
The recipe is easy and I hardly suggest to make 2 batches as they are simply too good. To have them warm and fresh for dinner table, you can make the dough rolls in advance, refrigerate the dough or freeze them and bake only after the guests arrived. If frozen take the rolls from the freezer a day before baking, refrigerate to thaw overnight and continue the rising process whenever you need them.
Recipe adapted after what megan’s baking
- Makes 15 rolls
- 3 1/4 cups (400g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 cup 240ml) milk, slightly warm
- 20g fresh yeast (1 tbsp active dry yeast)
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15g) butter, melted
- Prepare the dough. Add 1 tbsp (15g) of sugar over the fresh yeast and stir until it liquefies. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) milk. Stir to dissolve.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1 tbsp (15g) sugar and salt. Add dissolved yeast, the rest of 3/4 cup (180ml) milk, beaten egg and butter. Stir to combine and knead until the dough is soft, a bit sticky but quite elastic and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise at room temperature for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle flour on the working surface, place the dough and cut in 15 pieces. Form into rolls and place on a parchment paper lined (9x13 inch - 23x33cm) pan with distance between them to allow them to rise. Cover with a greased plastic wrap and let it rise for another hour at room temperature. If you want to top the rolls wih seeds it is best to brush them first with beaten eggs and sprinkle seeds before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter. Serve the rolls warm.